Are you confused a bit about your choice of the modem? Here we are going to present you with the review of Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. We have chosen this one for you and will let you know about some of the specifications of this particular model. Just have a look at it and then decide on a modem to buy for enjoying high-speed internet connectivity.
Multiple numbers of cable modems are available in the market. Won’t you try to go for the best? Then read this review and yourself decide whether to buy it.
Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem: Detailed Review
We can surely say that the reputation of the brand separates the Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem from all others available in the market. Motorola has become a renowned brand for producing various sorts of electronic gadgets over the years. Having trust in the brand name, you can certainly buy this modem. A manufacturer tends to insert new hardware in his products either to gain a competitive advantage or to improve the devices. Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem is such a modem where this tendency of the producer can be noticed. What are you waiting for? Go through the review and see if this actually helps you.
You will come to know the difference as well as the elegant look of this modem if you are familiar with the previous models.
- The new design adopted Motorola has made the device look really attractive.
- It has been designed with a robust plastic case of elliptic-cylindrical shape whereas the central body is enclosed with a matte grey finish.
- The bottom section is thicker while the top section appears to be narrower. Both these sections have been covered with a black glossy finish.
- For ensuring the proper amount of airflow, the left, right and top portion of this Motorola modem is largely covered lots of cut-outs.
- This has also happened to be effective for keeping this device cool.
- The internal circuits are visible through the lateral vent holes.
If you know the palm-sized Motorola Arris modems, you can efficiently distinguish MB8600 with the previous ones.
- MB8600 is a comparatively bigger device that measures 7.o*7.2*2.2 inches.
- It weighs 18.4 ounces which means that it is practically heavy to make sure apt stability.
- It can be kept on a flat surface but lacks wall-mounting capabilities.
- On the glossy front side of this cable modem, there are five LED lights. These lights show the power status, downstream, upstream, online and LAN.
- You will find lots of ports and buttons on this device. Reset button, Gigabit Ethernet ports, COAXial RF connector, ON/OFF button, and power port are there.
The design of this modem will attract you to have a look at it. It’s not the end. After reading this review you may also get influenced to buy this one.
You will find the following features related to hardware in MB8600:
- Inside the case, a Broadcom BCM33390ZRKFSBG chipset with 2 X FPE G4506MN LAN transformers will be found.
- It contains 512 MB of RAM and 128 of NAND storage memory.
- This device is potent enough to handle up to 32 QAM downstream download channels as well as 8 upstream bonded channels with the use of DOCSIS 3.0 and 2 OFDM download.
- It can also upload bonded channels with the use of DOCSIS 3.1.
New generation DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems have been designed to steer the Intel Puma chipsets clear. It is an advantageous feature of these modems for these will provide a long time service. The advancement of technology and the demand of the customers have enabled Motorola to introduce a modem with an upgraded configuration. What are you thinking? Continue your reading. There are more to come.
Mainly modems are used to enjoy high-speed internet facilities. As the use of the internet has been inevitable in our daily lives and all sorts of work, the speed issue occurs to be a serious concern. Won’t you go for a modem which satisfies your affordability and gives you exactly what you want? See how this MB8600 modem can satisfy your needs. Gigabit Ethernet, which is commonly considered to be the best for standard network communication, is there to provide you better internet service.
A consistent bandwidth can be enjoyed using this MB8600 modem irrespective of location. MB8600 is very fast for a single Gigabit Ethernet port. Four of these ports need to be used to maximize 3.8 Gbps maximum downstream bandwidth. Presently, you can enjoy a maximum of 1 Gbps internet speed provided cable providers. This bandwidth is offered DOCSIS 3.0. While you go to a DOCSIS 3.1 area, the internet speed will automatically improve. You have been provided with the bandwidth details provided MB8600. Isn’t it exciting enough! Let’s see more of it.
Before talking of performance, I need to inform you whether the MB8600 modem will work at all with your internet provider. Although in most cases DOCSIS 3.1 modem doesn’t go with all internet providers, MB8600 is an exception. MB8600 modem supports DOCSIS 3.1 as well as DOCSIS 3.0. It has also happened to be a future-proof device in many ways for this. This modem has proved to be well-suited with Cox, Comcast Xfinity, and Grande Communications. W.O.W. and Charter are expected to add this to their list of permitted modems within a little time.
The performance of this MB8600 modem needs to be reviewed to check its acceptability for it can only be used if it gives a better quality of service. You can enjoy a maximum of 1Gbps speed with this modem. If one is in an area where this sort of data plan is available, one can get the average speed of 950Mbps. Realistically, the highest theoretical speed may be 3.8 Gbps while the network overhead is not taken into consideration. To get closer to this type of act, MB8600 needs to wait for a little until Gigabit+ speeds are available. For most of the time, you are to wait till the ISPs do not roll out all their DOCSIS 3.1 networks to take the chance of what this MB8600 modem has to offer.
Let’s check the connectivity, which is very important:
- Although it looks much like a typical router, you will find a single WAN port, where your coaxial cable needs to be plugged in.
- Then you have four Ethernet ports that are used to connect your modem to your device.
- Only a single device can be connected to it though it looks like having several wires to connect several devices.
- It works the same as DOCSIS 3.0 does.
- When you have 1 Gbps connection that means you are using 3 internet connections at the same time. All the ports are bonded into a single connection.
8. Signal Quality:
Do you think this review to be helpful? Are you planning to use this MB8600 modem? Let me clear your doubts. You need to know about the signal quality before taking the final decision of buying this one. A question may come to your mind if only people from urban areas enjoy the facilities of this modem. You will be glad to know that the MB8600 modem is even useful in rural areas. It has been possible for Full Band Capture technology.
Most of the consumers have opined that there will be not much advantage of using this modem over other cheaper ones for –
- ISPs are not upgrading their end of hardware until the service supplied them is not outpaced the demand for bandwidth.
- The up-gradation is not done until hardware gets more standardized.
Why should you buy Motorola mb8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem?
The buying decision entirely depends on you. People usually buy modems to avoid using those ISP supplied ones. Still, the purchase of the modem may save your money in the long run for some ISPs charge a monthly rent for modem. If you want to go for a future-proof one, MB8600 is undoubtedly a very good choice. If one is fortunate enough to live in an area that has strong access to connections up to 1 Gbps or higher, that means he will possibly be limited his current hardware. In such a case, one will be perfect to use a modem like this.