As an upgraded version of Snapdragon 845 which is based on 10nm process technology, the Snapdragon 855 processor is three times better in AI performance and based on 7nm processing tech. This processor includes better AI performance in all the categories like voice, camera, gaming, battery, etc.
Benefits of Snapdragon 855 SmartPhones:
The major benefits of the chipset are-
- This Smartphones supports the latest 5G network.
- The charging is 4 times faster.
- The cameras are capable of HDR10+ and 4K HDR quality videos.
- The lock system contains a better 3D sonic fingerprinting scanner system and a facial recognition system.
Here are the top 10 smartphones with the Snapdragon 855 processor.
Best Snapdragon 855 Phones in 2020
1. OnePlus 7 pro
As its motto ‘Never Settle’, one of the best and highly featured phones in the latest years is the OnePlus smartphones. The OnePlus 7 and it’s new updated version OnePlus 7 pro are the newest entrants in the list of smartphones consisting powerful Snapdragon 855 processor. The phone uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC, which is said to be more power efficient than the previous one. Performance is excellent as the phone can handle heavy apps and games with ease. The new OxygenOS 9.5 debuts some new features such as Fnatic mode for prioritizing games over notifications, an in-built screen recording, screenshot editor and more.
You also get stereo speakers here, for the first time in a OnePlus device. However, there’s no wireless charging or IP-rated waterproofing. The OnePlus 7 Pro also gets a new camera setup. The main 48-megapixel sensor captures detailed landscapes in both day and night, but we did find the auto focus to be a little inconsistent when shooting macros. The 8-megapixel telephoto camera offer 3x optical zoom, while the 16-megapixel wide-angle camera captures more of the scene in from of you. You also get a 16-megapixel, pop-up selfie camera, which snaps decent selfies. Finally, the 4000mAh battery easily lasts for a full day on one charge and there’s fast charging support too.
- This smartphone has an amazing 90 Hz Fluid AMOLED screen.
- The phone featured the first-ever super-fast UFS 3.0 storage technology which makes it even faster.
- Higher single-core performance than the previous generation’s OnePlus 6T model.
- The first model to contain a front pop-up camera and triple tear camera.
- Inconsistent AF in macros
- 4K videos have oversaturated colours
- Mediocre low-light video performance
- No wireless charging
2. Pixel 4
One of the latest devices in the list of smartphones powered by SD855 processor is the Google Pixel 4. Google Pixel 4 smartphone was launched on 15th October 2019. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2280 pixels at a pixel density of 444 pixels per inch (PPI) and an aspect ratio of 19:9. Google Pixel 4 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. It comes with 6GB of RAM.
The Google Pixel 4 runs Android 10 and is powered by a 2800mAh non-removable battery. Google Pixel 4 supports proprietary fast charging. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Google Pixel 4 on the rear packs a 16-megapixel primary camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a pixel size of 1.0-micron and a second 12.2-megapixel camera with an f/1.7 aperture and a pixel size of 1.4-micron. The rear camera setup has phase detection autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.0 aperture and a pixel size of 1.22-micron.
- The smartphone contains 6 GB of RAM.
- It has a 90Hz POLED display with HDR support.
- It has a rear dual-camera setup and an 8MP shooter selfie camera,
- Wireless charging facility.
- The face unlock system is quite inefficient.
- The battery life is disappointing.
- The series is not available in India.
- The phones are expensive. The 64 GB of Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL will cost you around $799 and $899 respectively.
3. Lenovo Z6 Lite
Lenovo Z6 Lite is the first smartphone to include the Snapdragon 855 processor in the device. This phone features a 3350mAh battery with Android 9.0 pie. The Lenovo Z6 Lite comes in Midnight Black and Stardust colors and is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 158 / Rs. 11,090 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1399 yuan (US$ 202 / Rs. 14,120 approx.) for 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 17,145 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version.
- The highlight of the phone is the slider design to make the front cameras slide for a full edge-to-edge display.
- It has a 6.39 inch Super AMOLED HD+ display.
- The cameras are four in number, two on both front and back side with AI featuring.
- This phone also contains under-the-display fingerprint sensor and a face unlock feature.
- Limited Availability
4. LG G8 ThinQ
The LG company presents the latest LG G8 ThinQ with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with the addition with 5G dual-screen LG V50 ThinQ. This smartphone has a 3,500 mAh battery and Android 9.0 pie. As far as the cameras are concerned, the LG G8 ThinQ on the rear packs a 12-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.5 aperture and a pixel size of 1.4-micron; a second 16-megapixel camera with an f/1.9 aperture and a pixel size of 1-micron and a third 12-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a pixel size of 1-micron. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/1.7 aperture and a pixel size of 1.22-micron.
- This phone has an intriguing advanced Palm Vein Authentication which unlocks by scanning palm veins.
- The phone has a 6.1 inch QHD+ bezel-less display with 6GB of RAM and 128 GB ROM.
- This phone has three back cameras with configuration of 16MP, 12MP, and 12 MP with a depth-sensing front camera.
- The big notch is out of sync with 2019 trends.
- The version with three back-facing cameras is limited to the South Korean market for now
- The Hand ID and Air Motion features are barely usable and gimmicky.
- Crystal Sound OLED Speaker isn’t that good as a speaker for music.
- Charging speed is not competitive compared to most brands.
- Camera has a tendency to underexpose and noise is visible from up close.
- We wish the ultra wide cam had autofocus.
- Battery life is not very competitive.
5. Samsung Galaxy S10 series
One of the most leading tech companies in the world, Samsung presents the Galaxy S10 series including high-end devices like S10, S10 plus and S10e with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 mobile chipset. However, the processor used in the devices depends on the market such as Exynos 9820 processor is widely used in the Indian market. This series phone contains the battery capacity of 3400mAh, 4100mAh and 3100 mAh with multiple RAM/ROM options with Android 9.0 pie.
- The S10, S10 plus and S10e have an Infinity-O display of 6.1 inches 6.4 inch and 5.8 inches respectively.
- The S10 has three rare cameras of 12MP, 16MP, 12MP and 10MP snapper camera at the front.The S10 plus has the same with two front cameras of 10MP and 8MP.
- The devices are the cheapest SD processors.
- This series phones contains an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner.
- Frustrating fingerprint reader experience (hopefully to be improved via an update).
- Battery life is just average.
- Low-light selfies are meh, portraits aren’t as good as on the Plus (duh).
- We wish the ultra wide cam had auto focus.
- Bright night mode isn’t up there with the Pixel’s or Huawei’s night modes.
6. Xiaomi Mi 9
A new edition in Xiaomi’s premium Mi series is Mi 9 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with the battery capacity of 3300mAh and Android 9.0 pie. Mi 9 also has Mi 9 Explorer Edition and the Mi 9 SE variants in addition. Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone has an AMOLED display. It measures 157.5 mm x 74.6 mm x 7.6 mm and weighs 173 grams. The screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and 403 PPI pixel density. On the camera front, the buyers get a 20 MP Front Camera and on the rear, there’s a 48MP + 12MP + 16MP camera with features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, Touch to focus. It is backed by a 3300 mAh battery. Connectivity features in the smartphone include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Volte, NFC and more.
- This phone has a Full HD+, AMOLED waterdrop notched display.
- This model comes with two RAM/ROM variation of 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB.
- It has Game Turbo mode, Super Slo-mo, and Moon mode.
- Limited Availability
7. Vivo iQoo
With the new sub-brand iQoo which is a gaming smartphone, Vivo launches its latest addition Vivo iQoo with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Soc. This device has a 4000mAh battery with Android 9.0 pie. The Oppo Reno 10x zoom camera experience isn’t as polished as the Huawei P30 Pros. Some odd choices were made along the way, which has favored numbers on a flashy presentation over user experience. A pity too, because once you manage to navigate around all the unnecessary complications you can get properly impressive shots.
You see a simple name change would have enabled the main zoom camera option to be 5x aligning with the actual focal length of the periscope camera. And it would have taken some of the pressure of it too rather than focusing too much attention on what is undoubtedly cool, but still first gen technology. Getting this out of the way the Reno 10x zoom certainly has enough other things going for it. Great looks – arguably the best in the H1 2019 flagship class, no unsightly cutout on its AMOLED screen, and impressive battery life.
The phone’s availability is still comparatively limited, but if it’s offered in your market, it’s certainly worth giving a shot. Oppo isn’t afraid to innovate and do things its own way – a risky strategy that has often backfired, but it’s paid off handsomely with the Reno 10x zoom.
- The phone has a 6.41 inch full HD water drop notch display with an in-display fingerprint scanner and 44W Super Flash Charge tech.
- The phone supports multi-turbo features and the Monster Touch shoulder button for convenient gaming.
- This phone has three back cameras with 12MP, 13MP, 2MP resolution and a 12 MP front-facing Shooter.
- Only available in China but soon reach all the markets.
- Not water or dust proof
- no slot for memory card
- battery is not removable
- it does not have a radio
8. OPPO Reno 10X Zoom – Best for Gaming
One of the recently launched smartphones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor is OPPO Reno backed by a battery capacity of 4065 mAh with VOOC 3.0 fast charging technology and Android 9.0 pie.
- It has a 6.6 inch display with a 16MP wedge-shaped pop-up front camera, 10x lossless zoom and three rear cameras of 48MP, 8MP and 13 MP and a pop-up selfie snapper.
- The device comes in three RAM/ROM variants 6GB/128GB, 6GB/256GB, 8GB/256GB.
- Available in Chinese, Indian and other markets.
- No increased water resistance
- No 3.5mm jack or adapter in the box
- Camera UI doesn’t have 5x toggle, which aligns with focal length, suggests digital zoom instead
- The video recording is limited to the main camera only
- No Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) support even though the chipset supports it
9. ASUS ZenFone 6
One of the latest flagships in the market by ASUS is the ZenFone 6 which is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 platform. This device has a battery capacity of 5000mAh with Quick charge 4.0 tech and runs ZenUIbased on Android 9.0 pie. This phone has two amazing color options like Twilight Silver and Midnight Black. Come in for the cool motorized camera, stay for everything else – that’s pretty much what the Zenfone 6 is all about. That is if you manage to look past its not quite stellar display – other than that Asus has managed to pull off quite the package for a very reasonable price.
Easily some of the best possible selfies you can get from a smartphone today is only the flip side to an excellent camera experience across stills and video, in daylight or at night. And you’ll have no problem making it through the night either thanks to the biggest battery this side of the midrange. Add to that some nice-to-haves that are increasingly harder to find in the high-end segment like a headphone jack, a status LED, and a dedicated MicroSD slot, and we can see how the Zenfone 6 makes a really compelling case for itself.
- This has a 6.4 inch NanoEdge display with thin bezels.
- It contains a flip camera setup comprising a 48MP and a 13MP camera sensor
- This device comes with three RAM/ROM versions which are 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB.
- An OLED screen would have been appreciated.
- No telephoto camera.
- No Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) support even though the chipset supports it
With the latest edition of 5G networks and the latest technologies with the SD 855 processor, buy your new smartphone now for a better and high-speed mobile technology experience. Enjoy better camera features, gaming features, and the latest unlock features.