Charter-owned Spectrum, which has already been a leading high-speed internet provider across the US, provides exciting internet service plans. As the use of the internet turns out to be inevitable in today’s world, users usually want to buy a modem with which they can enjoy a good internet speed. Modems will allow essentially non-digital pathways to get connected with networking sites. As a Spectrum subscriber, one can buy a modem directly from Spectrum.
If you wish to buy a cable modem instead you need to look for Spectrum-approved modems. Have a look at the list below where seven best modems for Spectrum have been suggested for you.
Best Modems for Spectrum – List of Pros & Cons
1. Asus CM-32 cable Modem WiFi Router
Asus has presented this new cable modem WiFi router with which you can save up to $120 per year for rental fees. Besides Spectrum, it is also approved by Cox, and Comcast Xfinity. Read its details and see whether it suits your demands. Here are its specifications:
- It is an all in one DOCSIS 3.0 32*8 cable modem.
- Asus CM-32 cable Modem WiFi Router (4*4) provides internet access with full bandwidth.
- This Asus modem can give users expansive internet coverage in wireless mode.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem router is highly sensitive and has a good range. This model of modem is designed with four receive and four transmit antennas as well as AiRadar beamforming technology.
- You will like to stay connected with 2x USB 2.0 ports and 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports for non-WiFi devices such as Apple Time Machine.
- You can have a perfect device for gaming and streaming in HD and dual bands (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) which feature newest 802.11ac 32*8 Channel Bonding Technology for providing up to 1.3 Gbps speeds for download.
- This modem offers a data transfer rate up to 2534 MB per second.
- Product dimension: 18.8*6*30 cm; GSM frequency: 5 GHz; Voltage: 240 Volts
- Easy set-up with Spectrum
- Very fast
- It provides strong signals
- It needs to be reset every hour
- Asus CM-32 cable Modem WiFi Router has no wall-mounting holes
- You may be in trouble with frequent disconnections.
2. Arris Surfboard SB6190 Modem
This modem is compatible with Spectrum, Xfinity and Cox while it does not support CenturyLink or Verizon AT&T. If you decide to buy it you need to know its features in detail. Now you are going to be informed about all its specifications:
- It comes with 8 upstream* 32 downstream bonded DOCSIS 3.0 channels. This modem is capable enough of providing speed up to 14 Gbps.
- Arris Surfboard SB6190 Modem is only compatible with wired connections. It does not support VoIP telephone adapter, WiFi router or Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to router or PC.
- Arris has designed this modem as ideal for gaming and streaming UHD movies.
- You will find a WiFi manager, parental control and setup wizard.
- It comes with an approval of Internet plans up to 400 Mbps.
- You can connect multiple devices at the same time.
- The dimension of the product is 6.4*2*8.7 inches and this product shares connectivity with one Gigabit Ethernet Ports.
- You will enjoy download and upload speed up to 1.4 Gbps and 262 Mbps.
- It is compatible with most OS and carries a 2 years warranty on labor and parts.
- Easy to be set up
- This Arris modem can connect 2-3 users simultaneously
- Users will enjoy high internet speed
- Hardware cost will come down
- Reliable and consistent
- It comes with a faulty chip
- Lags can be seen in online gaming
- Puma 6 Chip, which is used, may be latent
3. Netgear AC1600 Modem
Here is another modem-router combo presented by Netgear. Netgear has been a trustworthy brand whose modems are potent enough to give users an uninterrupted experience with great internet speed. Netgear AC1600 dual band modem offers you an extensible design for enabling service privatization for data. Now have a look at its specific features so that you can understand whether it can be bought. Read those here:
- It is well suited to next generation WiFi devices. Netgear AC1600 Modem shares a backward compatibility with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
- With this Netgear modem, you can enjoy HD streaming throughout your home.
- Users will get a chance to enjoy speed up to 300 and 1300 Mbps with simultaneous dual band technology.
- This modem can ignore wireless interference ensuring that users are getting reliable connections and top WiFi speeds.
- Performance connectivity with high speed is delivered by 800 MHz dual core processor.
- USB 3.0 port can provide up to 10x faster access to USB hard drive.
- This product measures 12.02*10.13*2.84 inches.
- There is 128 MB Flash Memory and 256 MB RAM.
- Best for use in rural areas
- It comes with an excellent range
- Easy setup
- Reliable and consistent
- Frequent drop in WiFi signals
- Netgear AC1600 Modem may often become unresponsive
4. TP-Link N300 Wireless Modem
Using this modem will not be difficult for most users whether they know much about a modem or not. TP-Link N300 Wireless Modem is presented with a set of introduction in the box. All you need is to plug it in for experiencing something amazing. First, you need to be aware of its features so that you can order it if it seems suitable to you. Go through its specifications:
- It is an all in one device. Won’t you like to see what you can get? You will have an ADSL2+ Modem, Wireless and Switch N access point and NAT router with TP-Link N300 Wireless modem.
- You will get a USB port for printer and storage sharing. Furthermore, the USB port will enable you for FTP Server, Media Server, and 3G Modem sharing.
- TP-Link N300 Wireless modem is compatible with the newest Internet Protocol IPv6 for future-proofing the network.
- Another broadband connectivity option to connect VDSL, Cable, and Fiber modems is offered by Ethernet WAN.
- This modem gives users a chance to transfer data at a speed of 300 MB per second.
- TP-Link N300 Wireless modem has been designed with cutting edge technology.
- Users can use this multi-utility modern device at home and office for Internet surfing and sharing data.
- Users can enjoy a good upload speed of 143 Mbps and download speed of 343 Mbps.
- This TP-Link modem comes with a WAN/LAN port which is interchangeable. The port facilitates seamless internet connectivity.
- The dimension of this product is 19.5*13*3.6 cm.
- You will have a quick installation guide, power adapter, RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Telephone Cable, and resource CD.
- You will get a separate network for guest
- It doesn’t come with external antennas
- The user interface is suitable with set up
- WiFi is seen to get disconnected frequently. If you face such a problem, you need to reset it.
- Internet speed becomes slower while used with WiFi than used in wired mode.
5. Motorola SB6120 SurfBoard eXtreme Modem
Motorola has brought this modem to make you enjoy a high speed internet facility so that your working or streaming experience does not get hampered. It is also approved by Spectrum and as a Spectrum subscriber, you can completely trust Motorola SB6120 SurfBoard eXtreme Modem.
- This modem has been designed with next generation technology. As a result, users can enjoy high speed for commercial and residential service tier.
- It is only a cable modem.
- The dimension of this product is 9.5*7*2.8 inches.
- You can enhance your interactive experience of gaming with this modem.
- With this device, you can get to download up to 2000 times faster than an analog phone modem of 56k. It is also up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband.
- Users can enjoy plenty of advanced multimedia services.
- This Motorola modem is certified by DOCSIS 3.0.
- Its slim design occupies a little space at the desk.
- You will enjoy lag-free and faster transfer of files and network gaming for a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit port which is featured by this Motorola modem.
- Users get a chance to access real-time online games and play those at a high speed while their devices are connected with Motorola SB6120 SurfBoard eXtreme Modem.
- Front panel operational status LEDs are easy to read and intuitive.
- It comes with a 2 years’ warranty from Motorola.
- The presence of air vents keeps it cool.
- Setup is really easy for any user.
- Speed has been reported to be unexpectedly faster than specified.
- Uses may not find instruction guide to be much useful
- Problematic issues may occur with DHCP configuration
6. Netgear C3000 N300 (2 in 1) Modem
Here is another modem of Netgear that you may try. It is suitable for Xfinity, Comcast, Cox, CableONE and so on besides being compatible with Spectrum. Read its specifications before you are going to order one for you:
- Netgear C3000 N300 Modem is designed with double firewall protection. NAT and SPI firewall protection save it from getting accidentally damaged.
- You will get three in one device, like- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, 2 Gigabit Wired Switch and N300 WiFi Router.
- It can effectively reduce monthly fees for cable modem rent up to $156 every year.
- Quite naturally, with DOCSIS 3.0 you can download at a faster speed than DOCSIS 2.0 but you will be happy to learn that DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster speed than DOCSIS 3.0. It will give users download speed up to 340 Mbps.
- You will get a chance to control your network from anywhere with this Netgear modem that comes with NETGEAR Genie App Content Parental Control.
- 13*10.83*3.15 inches is the dimension of this product.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports are provided along with this modem for faster offering wired connectivity.
- This modem does not share compatibility with cable-bundled voice services.
- On this modem-router combo, users will get two options of band connection- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz is a bit slower while 5 GHz gives predictably faster speed.
- For smooth data flow, there are sufficient slots of 8*4 channels.
- It comes with a relatively good range.
- You can enjoy good speed
- Really easy setup
- WiFi gets easily overloaded
- Netgear C3000 N300 Modem has only two LAN ports
7. Arris Surfboard SBG6900AC Modem
Another Arris modem is here for you and you may try this Spectrum-approved modem if you are a subscriber of Spectrum. It is also certified by Cox, Comcast Xfinity, Brighthouse, Mediacom, and other US Cable Internet Service providers. You must know its specifications; otherwise, you can’t judge whether it is better over other products on this list.
- It is a three-in-one product as it is Gigabit 4 port, 16*4 Cable Modem, and AC1900 WiFi Router within a single device.
- This cable modem is capable of providing 4 uploads and 16 download bonded channels. It can give Internet download speed up to 686 Mbps based on users’ Internet Service Plan. This device is approved for plans up to 300 Mbps.
- Arris Surfboard SBG6900AC Modem comes with two Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Two years limited warranty is provided by Arris along with technical and setup support.
- This DOCSIS 3.0 is 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. Users will enjoy the highest speed with the fast upload of 131 Mbps and a download of 686 Mbps.
- It is compatible with most OSs and you just need to plug it in and start to enjoy high speed internet connection.
- The dimension of this product is 11.61*3.9*10.51 inches.
- Users will get great online assistance
- Outstanding WiFi coverage
- It can be easily installed
- You can rely on it particularly for streaming and gaming
- The user interface appears to be complicated
- Poor DNS
- Hidden Setting
- Users need to restart it regularly.
Now you are aware of the specifications of some best modem for Spectrum. Still, users may find it difficult to choose a perfect modem among all these which come with almost the same features. So first fix your needs and select a modem accordingly. Are you still confused? You can go for TP-Link N300 Wireless Modem, which is somewhat best on this list in terms of high speed and sharing facilities. This also occupies less space than others on this list. TP-Link has also become the most trusted brand for modems and routers and gives users quality assurance. If you face any problem in your choice of a modem for Spectrum, comment below. Have a great browsing experience with Spectrum internet service plans!