Buying a laptop these days is a tedious task these days as there are many laptops available in the market, and almost each of them tends to be the best. Making a selection, just seeing hypes created manufacturers, never is a wise decision. So to sort it out, here is a complete list of some Best Laptop Under 400. Today, the laptop has become a necessity in almost every average household. To cater to this need, many companies have come up with a budgeted segment of notebooks. They do not just serve the purpose but also offer the user an incredible experience of doing typical day to day tasks with ease. While choosing a laptop, the thing which always comes up in our mind is to see its hardware configuration and build quality.
These budgeted notebooks are suitable for routine tasks, but it’s also a fact that they cannot be the right choice if they are to be used for high graphic games or heavy multitasking work. There is an ever-growing list of processors, GPUs, and features, emerging in upcoming laptops these days so picking up the right one for you is like finding a needle in the haystack. So here is a comprehensive list of Best Laptop Under 400 after several types of research, reviews and on the personal opinion of many.
In the market, there are a lot of options available, whether it is Acer Aspire E15 which is capable of giving a long battery backup, or the mighty Lenovo Ideapad 330. I also have an excellent perception of the Asus Transformer Mini T103 and HP Flagship. So let’s start with the insight review of the selected Top 8 Best Laptop Under 400.
1. Acer Aspire E15
The Acer Aspire E15 makes every sense to be amongst the best seller in this segment. It is equipped with a 7th Gen-Core i3 processor with 4GB RAM and 1TB Hard Drive which is excellent for daily use. There is a backlit keyboard which is not a common feature in this category and also has a long, 12-hour battery backup which is significantly more than most of its counterparts.
- Comes with 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (to 3.2GHz).
- Display screen of 15.6 inches Full HD widescreen with LED display.
- Graphics Processor is of Intel HD Graphics 620.
- Built-in DVD Drive and 2 USB ports of 3.0.
- Has Dual Channel Memory of 6GB with 1 TB HDD and 8x DVD.
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Operating System.
ACER comes with the latest reliable processor, which is an ideal deal for daily casual usage. With its impressive 12-hour battery back-up, it becomes ones’ favorite.
2. LENOVO Ideapad 330
LENOVO Ideapad 330 has a similar look as to other Lenovo Laptops, but when tested, it came out to be a real powerhouse of this segment. It comes with the latest version of the 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U processor. The maximum clock speed is 3.4GHz makes it the most durable and sturdy laptop among its counterparts. It has the Intel UHD 620 graphics, can also handle moderate gaming and photo-video editing. Also, the audio quality is awe-inspiring.
- Display screen of 15.6” HD with energy-efficient LED backlight display.
- 8GB of RAM for smoother and efficient multitasking, and it also comes with 1TB of hard drive for storage.
- Comes with Intel UHD 620 graphics
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Lightweight as weighs just 4.8lbs
The Lenovo Ideapad 330 is pretty good in this price range as it serves the purpose of giving a smooth functioning. The latest Intel Core Processor powers it with the maximum clock speed of 3.4GHz which makes it the most powerful laptop of this price range.
3. ASUS Transformer Mini T103
The ASUS Transformer Mini T103 is more like a tablet than is a laptop. If someone is majorly looking for a notebook for writing or editing documents, it’s good enough. One can, at a time, use it as a laptop and the rest of the time, it as a tablet to play a game, watch movies and shows.
- Latest Intel Atom Quad-Core x5-Z8350 Processor supported 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance.
- Long battery life that can have video playback of 12hours; 128GB Solid State storage; Webcam: 2MP Web Camera
- Availed with a keyboard case, and a stylus pen with handwriting recognition.
- A 10.1-inch frame allows ASUS Transformer Mini to be portable enough to be taken everywhere you go with a compact & lightweight body weighs less than 1.7 lbs
Overall, ASUS Transformer Mini T103 is a thin, sleek body and 2in1 functionality laptop, is a quality choice for those who are not into much of high-end multitasking. It comes with overages like a long battery back-up, stylus pen, touch screen and keyboard case, which is an impressive addition.
4. HP Pavilion 15 Flagship
The HP Pavilion 15 Flagship is a fantastic laptop of this range. It is a solid built and at the same time, really light and slim. It comes with Intel Core i5 5200U (5th Gen) processor with 4GB Ram and storage space of 1TB making it pretty fast. It runs all the MS Office software flawlessly using subscription to Office 360.
- Display Screen is 15.6-inch HD Bright View WLED-backlit Display
- Comprises of Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Comprises of 4GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive and Super Multi DVD Burner
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- 3-cell2800 lithium-ion polymer battery
The HP Pavilion 15 Flagship is capable of giving Bright View WLED- backlight display, which is missing in many other laptops of this range. It is very light yet of a solid body so will be loved office goings and students. Therefore, considering the points mentioned above, this laptop makes a great deal in this price range. It is fast and efficient and is of generously lightweight.
5. ASUS VivoBook X540MA
The Asus VivoBook X540MA laptop is designed for a high level of productivity but also works best when it comes for your entertainment. The Asus VivoBook X540MA is equipped with an ergonomically designed keypad with keys that have a distance from the pressure sensor, just 1.8mm. It is a fast speed laptop with an SSD drive; it takes only a few seconds for the computer to boot up and ready to use. Because of the Windows 10 operating system and the 4GB RAM, it is easy to run all the programs with ease and speed.
- Equipped with the Mad Quad-core Processor (max 1.5GHz) with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics
- Display screen of 15.6 inches HD Display
- 500GB Hard disk drive and 4GB DDR4 RAM
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi, Ergonomic Chiclet Keyboard and comes with the operating system Windows 10
The Asus VivoBook X540MA laptop is outstanding to buy a laptop of this range because of its several discussed useful features. This notebook is a perfect choice for those who love to work and want some entertainment as well.
6. Dell I3567-3970BLK-PUS
Dell I3567-3970BLK-PUS is a black finished notebook that gives a premium look and feels. It comprises of 15.6-inch HD touch screen display. The processor is of 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7130U, and 8GB of DDR4 SDRAM delivers a smooth working experience. This laptop has a storage of 128GB of SSD drive, which makes the boot-up time much lesser and let it capable of loading the applications faster as compared to HDD drive. The sound quality is superior, which is because of Waves MaxxAudio, which enables it to deliver impressive audio quality while listening to music or watching a video. Also, it comes with all essential ports and slots for connectivity.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7130U Dual-Core Processor 2.7GHz/8 GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory/ 128GB Solid State Drive
- 15.6-inch 1366×768 HD Touch screen Display
- to 5 Hours Battery Life with 4-Cell Li-ion Battery
- Multi-format SD media card reader for connectivity
- Intel Integrated UHD 620 Graphics
- Integrated Operating system: Windows 10
Dell has always been one of the trusted brands for laptops which are known to build durable and sturdy budgeted laptops. Hence, if someone looks for a budget option and wants a Dell laptop, the Dell I3567-3970BLK-PUS will be a great choice. It runs very smoothly and fast because of the processor and lets minimum bloat-ware and also it is effortless to set up.
7. ASUS C302CA-DHM4 Chromebook
ASUS C302CA-DHM4 Chromebook has a RAM size of 4GB, its multitasking abilities and performance are impeccable. The size of the hard disk is 64GB meaning you can save a lot of files in this laptop and downloads android programs too. The touch screen is detachable, making it a stand-alone tablet while being able to rotate 360 degrees. Long battery back-up with a span of 10 hours, is an added benefit.
- The device can turn a full 360 degrees and 12.5 inches full HD touch screen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode. The keyboard has backlit illumination.
- Intel Core Processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM for fast and efficient performance
- Lightweight with just 2.65 pounds and the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body.
- Booting is fast enough, and battery life is 7 to 10 hours
The ASUS C302CA-DHM4 Chromebook is the right choice that you will want to use for a long time without anything lacking in performance. The 360-degree hinge movement, touch screen, sleek and attractive finished body, make it different from its counterparts. Thus, if you want to go for a laptop that you can detach and comfortably use as a tab with other useful features as well, then go for it. Check the price over Amazon:
8. HP 15.6-Inch HD Touchscreen
HP 15.6 inch HD Touch screen is yet another powerful laptop from the stables of the all famous and always reliable HP. It has an excellent and powerful performance. With long battery life, it lets you stream, surf, view media, play games, and perform other office functions without interruption. It is with a 15.6 inch HD LED multi-finger touch screen and features like InstantGo which allows one to boot the system very fast and smooth. It is also provided with ample of ROM/RAM storage which helps you store files and retrieve them whenever needed.
- Comes with an HD LED touch screen of 15.6-inch and a 10-finger multi-touch function.
- Intel Quad Core Pentium Silver N5000 (1.1GHz, up to 2.7GHz) Processor.
- The RAM size is 4GB with hard disk storage of 8GB and 1TB HDD Hard Drive.
- Intel UHD Graphics 605, HDMI, HD Webcam, Super Multi DVD player/burner, DTS surround sound and Intel HD Graphics 620.
- Comes with a Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating System
- The Quad-Core Intel Pentium processor allows you to multi-task effectively on your notebook with minimal stress and less power consumption.
Overall, the HP 15.6 inch HD Touch screen is very affordable and has just enough speed so far. Advanced with a simple but sleek design, big enough trackpad and keyboard. It can carry out a primary office, multimedia, and light gaming functions and gives the comfort of multi-finger touch screen, which is a cherry on the cake at this price.
The selection of a laptop may confuse anyone. With different options in the market these days, it is not easy to get the best one. However, if the budget is pre-decided, one knows the purpose for which he needs the laptop specifically and is ready to spend at least one or two days in research, getting the laptop of choice, will become quite easy. For a price range between $300 and $400, this list covers all varieties with features that one may want in a laptop. Hence, in this article, you can find the answers to most of your questions related to Best Laptop Under 400. So please go through the complete review in this article once before making a choice.